Saturday 7 March 2009

Swiss Jazz Posters

As part of Design Studies we are doing research and projects based on Typography.... including hand renderings of type - eek!

We've been working on these Illustrator drawn Jazz posters... which are kinda turning out a bit like work by Swiss designers such as Josef Muller-Brockmann, Emil Ruder and Armin Hoffmann, if we're lucky that is.

Chris has given us kind of a spec. table... with the typeface, alignment, size, weight, style, colour scheme and shapes stated for use. I don't like goudy old style... on screen :)

I have kind of gone off the point though and now started doing my own kind of versions... no real restrictions, just a bit of what I fancy lol

The only thing is that I can only upload jpeg or bmp pictures to my blog so they go a bit fuzzy... but they look nice in eps,tiff and png, I promise :)

Comments, as always, are welcome :)

Here are some of the ones I have done with the spec table:





I don't like Goudy Old Style on screen ^ (above)



I don't really like this one ^ (above)



Then I moved onto my own...





^ This one isn't quite finished yet....

I decided to do some basically copying the Swiss styles:



Armin Hofmann (Above)




Josef Muller-Brockmann (Above)





Josef Muller-Brockmann (Above)





This one is a mix of the Armin Hofmann poster with another one that I was developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment